SCWT Database Policies And Disclaimer
Although founded by the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of America, Inc., (SCWTCA), the Wheaten Health Endowment (Endowment) operates as a separate entity. The Endowment operates this database. In certain instances, described below, the Endowment may make information available to the SCWTCA.
- Anyone who owns, co-owns, or has bred or co-bred a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier may add or update data.
- Breeders can submit data for their own dogs and those they have bred or co-bred.
- Owners or co-owners can submit data only for dogs they currently own.
- Anonymous submissions of data are not accepted.
- The Endowment will not be responsible for resolving disputes among co-owners.
In order to maintain the integrity of the database, all certification information will be verified before being visible on the site. Verification will be one of the following methods:
- The information is provided in a file directly by the testing agency (e.g., OFA, CERF, Guelph).
- The information is publically visible on the web site of the testing agency (e.g., OFA).
- The information is on a certified pedigree from an official registry (e.g., AKC, FCI).
- The owner or breeder will forward to us an un-altered copy of the certificate issued by the testing agency.
All health information is classified as "anecdotal" until the owner or breeder provides us with an un-altered copy of a written report (diagnosis or pathology) from a professional in the field. Upon receipt of verified documentation, the classification will be changed to "diagnosed." This classification system helps users and researchers evaluate the dependability of the source.
- The Endowment and the SCWTCA value your privacy. It is our policy to not provide lists of names and addresses to any outside group or organization.
- The SCWTCA may utilize the names and addresses in this database to prepare its membership directory, yearbook, or other club publications.
- To protect the integrity of the database, our computers do record the fact that you have logged into the site and if you have submitted information. User activity within the database is not tracked (searches made, dogs viewed, etc.).
- Submission of photos of individual dogs is encouraged.
- The SCWTCA may utilize the photos submitted in the yearbook or other publications.
- Arranging for submission of copyrighted photos is your responsibility. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Endowment, the SCWTCA and their contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and affiliates from any losses, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from any claim or demand arising out of or in connection with our use of your (including your contractors', agents', employees', officers', directors', shareholders', and affiliates') submission of copyrighted photos.
- The Endowment will not be responsible for paying royalty fees on photos.
- This is a publicly accessible database. Members of the public are advised that inclusion of a breeder in this database is not an endorsement of that breeder, his or her breeding program, or his or her practices. Members of the public interested in purchasing or adopting a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier are strongly encouraged to visit the SCWTCA website at www.scwtca.org to learn more about the breed.
- Although we do our best to ensure accuracy of data, it is always possible that human errors can occur. If you spot an error, please notify us via email at email@example.com and we will research the data in question and make any corrections to data we find that is incorrect.
- One of our goals is to have pedigrees as complete and accurate as possible. We prefer to have owners send us copies of certified pedigrees so that our data is as accurate as possible. For those cases where we do not have a certified pedigree, we will do our best to fill in missing data with information that may be available from unofficial sources. This can include OFA or other databases. In some cases this data could be in error and the Endowment makes no claim that our pedigree data is 100% accurate. As mentioned above, if you spot something you believe might be in error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will research the issue.